News, events, and musings from the Pilgrim’s Inn
I can't imagine a life without these experiences, which is why Deer Isle and this particular neck of the Maine coast are so wonderful and unique within the context of our busy, complicated world. We are blessed with many organic farms and farmers markets, and you'll still find those un-attended farm stands that bring out the best in us. That intoxicating combination of salt air, a day on the water, late summer sun, and earthy vegetables, is something every child should have in their memory bank.
The Deer Isle farmer's market takes place every Wednesday starting at 9:30AM, and the Stonington market is Fridays at 10AM. For a day at the beach or on the water, Sand Beach in Stonington, and Old Quarry Ocean Adventures for a kayaking trip are good bets. -- Tina Oddleifson
posted by Your Innkeepers @ 5:29 PM
|Join Our Mailing List|
- Places to visit in Maine: Belfast to Deer Isle
- Planning Your Spring Getaway to Coastal Maine
- Hiking the Trails of Coastal Maine
- Stress Free Local Holiday Shopping!
- Thinking outside the bun: Off Island Eateries
- Thinking outside the bun: Lunch on Deer Isle, Main...
- Wednesday Art Walk and Open Studio on Deer Isle
- Exploring Acadia National Park - Isle au Haut
- Deer Isle Bridge Celebration Kicks off the Summer ...
- Celebrate Spring on Deer Isle