News, events, and musings from the Pilgrim’s Inn
Easy Christmas Morning Frittata
1 cup cooked spinach (you can use one packet of thawed out chopped frozen spinach, but if using fresh you will need approximately 1 pound of fresh spinach to get a cup of cooked)
1 cup seeded diced tomatoes (fresh or canned)
1.5 cups grated good quality sharp cheddar cheese
1 tsp salt
2 pinches black pepper
Non-stick cooking spray
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- If using fresh spinach, saute in a hot pan until wilted and let cool. If using frozen, then follow package instructions for thawing, and squeeze out excess liquid.
- If using fresh tomato, saute briefly in a pan until slightly cooked, and let cool. If using canned, drain out excess liquid.
- Beat the eggs together in a mixer or by hand and add the heavy cream until well combined.
- Fold in the spinach, tomato, cheese, salt and pepper
- Spray a deep, 9 inch pie plate with cooking spray and pour in the mixture
- Place pie plate on a baking sheet to catch any drips, and place in oven.
- Bake in 325 degree oven for 40 – 50 minutes or until egg mixture is light golden brown on top and center is cooked to an internal temperature of 160F (do not overcook)
posted by Your Innkeepers @ 2:03 PM
|Join Our Mailing List|
- Final Week of the Season
- 3rd Annual Deer isle Lighthouse Weekend
- Island Food Week on Deer Isle
- Pilgrim's Inn Profiled in "Maine: The Magazine"
- The Making of a Piste in Deer Isle, Maine
- 10th Annual Lupine Festival!
- Art is Blooming in Deer Isle Maine
- Spring Cleaning
- Pilgrim's Inn Granola
- So what do you do in the off season....?